Digital Marketing Coordinator (part-time position)
Deadline for applications: April 24, 2017
The Dance Centre is the leading dance resource centre in British Columbia – a vibrant arts organization supporting dance since 1986. The Dance Centre presents an exciting season of shows and events, offers innovative programs for dance professionals, and operates Canada’s flagship dance facility in downtown Vancouver, Scotiabank Dance Centre.
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Coordinator to join our small dynamic team. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this position is responsible for developing and implementing measurable digital communications strategies. Using the latest channels, tools, analytics and best practices, s/he will devise and implement social media campaigns, manage the blog and generate website content, and contribute strategic and practical ideas to digital marketing activities, in order to increase the visibility of our programs, attract patrons, members and donors, and build community around the art of dance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and manage content for the blog and social media channels, including stories, articles and interviews, video and photography
- Build online communities and networks, and develop relationships with digital influencers, to maximize awareness of and participation in Dance Centre activities
- Create and disseminate email campaigns
- Assist with generating and managing website content
- Evaluate and analyse website content through Google Analytics
- Collect and analyse data to assess, refine and improve strategies
- Manage and maximize The Dance Centre’s Google Adwords account
- Conduct online research through polling, contests and other means
- Investigate and implement live streaming of selected events
- Thorough understanding of marketing principles
- Social media and community management experience using channels including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter, and social media dashboards (Hootsuite).
- Experience creating email campaigns
- Experience with Google Adwords, Google Analytics and PPC advertising
- Understanding of digital analytics, metrics and reporting
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style, with the ability to research and gather information
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with photoshop (or an equivalent program)
- Experience of working in the performing arts/non-profit sector is an asset
- The ideal candidate will possess a post-secondary degree in marketing and communications, with 3+ years of experience, or the equivalent.
This is a part-time position: 20 hours per week, May 15-December 15, 2017. Some evening and weekend hours may be required. Flexible hours of work are an option.
How to Apply: Send your cover letter, resume and two references by email to email@example.com with ‘Digital Marketing Coordinator’ in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for applying but advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted.