Tickets and subscriptions for our 2016-2017 season are on sale now!
V'ni Dansi Louis Riel Day Celebration November 12, 2016
12 Minutes Max performance tickets (June 16) go on sale in May 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
This information applies to performances presented by The Dance Centre only. Organizations renting our facility will have different arrangements and policies: please contact them direct for details.
1 How do I buy tickets for a performance?
In advance: Tickets Tonight is the official service for advance tickets to The Dance Centre’s performances. Tickets may be purchased at Tickets Tonight in advance:
- Online, using a credit card: www.ticketstonight.ca
- By telephone, using a credit card: call 604 684 2787. There is an additional $5 per booking charge for telephone purchases. Call centre hours are 7am-3pm Mon-Thurs; 7am-1pm Fri; 12-4pm Sat; closed Sun.
- In person, using cash, cheque or credit card, at Tickets Tonight located in the Tourism Vancouver Visitor Centre at 200 Burrard St, downtown Vancouver (open daily 9am-5pm).
We strongly recommend booking ahead of time to avoid disappointment.
You can pick up prebooked tickets at Scotiabank Dance Centre from one hour prior to showtime. You may be asked to provide picture ID.
Please CHECK your tickets carefully at the time of booking and make sure you have the correct date and time: we cannot refund or offer exchanges to customers who arrive for the wrong show!
All advance sales (including group and subscription sales) stop at 4pm on the day of an 8pm show, and 10am on the day of a noon show.
At the door: Door sales begin at Scotiabank Dance Centre one hour prior to showtime. We do not hold back tickets for door sales.
2 Do you offer subscriptions?
Yes. You can subscribe to our Discover Dance noon shows and the Global Dance Connections contemporary dance series through Tickets Tonight.
3 Can I buy tickets at Scotiabank Dance Centre?
You can buy tickets in person for shows presented by The Dance Centre (not rentals) at our front desk Monday-Friday 9am-4pm: credit cards only please. Outside of those times we only offer door sales on-site from one hour prior to showtime for that day's show. All telephone and online bookings are managed through Tickets Tonight.
4 How do I qualify for group, student or senior rates?
- Group rates are available for eight or more people in advance only from 604 606 6412 (not through Tickets Tonight) until 4pm on the day of the show, subject to availability. Early booking is advised for groups. Tickets must be booked and paid for at the same time for the same show: we cannot add or remove tickets from a booking after it has been made.
- Students MUST provide a current valid student card when buying or picking up tickets. If you are unable to do so you will be asked to pay full price.
- Individuals must be 65 years of age to qualify for the senior's discount.
- Dance Centre members must show a valid membership card.
Note that student, senior and Dance Centre member discounts apply to that individual ONLY (not their friends!).
5 What if I’m late for a show?
Generally we are unable to admit latecomers once a show has started, simply because it is too disruptive for the audience and the performers. We do not offer refunds or exchanges to customers who arrive late for a show, or who have booked for a different show in error. Allow plenty of time to travel to the venue, park and pick up/buy your tickets. Use transit if you can as parking in the area is very limited and in high demand.
6 Refunds and Exchanges
Ticket sales are final and we do not offer refunds or exchanges unless we have to cancel a show.
In general, our presentations are not suitable for children under twelve years of age. Some contain mature content and we will post advisories on our website where required. We ask parents and guardians to use their discretion in choosing to bring a child; if a child is unable to sit quietly throughout the performance and disturbs other patrons, an usher will ask them and the accompanying adult to leave. All customers including children require a ticket. Babes in arms are not permitted. If you wish to enquire about the age suitability of a particular show please contact us.
Exceptions apply to the Discover Dance! noon series and other events that are specified as suitable for all ages or family friendly.
Seating is general admission.
9 Wheelchairs and Other Assistance
Our performance space is fully wheelchair accessible. Please inform the box office at the time of booking if you require a wheelchair space or any special assistance.
10 During the show
Cell phones, alarm watches and beepers must be turned off. Unauthorized photography and video recording is strictly prohibited.
Food and drink is not permitted inside the performance space, with the exception of bottled water.