In addition to our dance studios, Scotiabank Dance Centre houses a number of useful services and resources on-site:
The Dance Centre
The Dance Centre is BC’s resource centre for dance. We offer programs and resources supporting the professional development of dance artists, present public performances and events, promote BC dance, and operate the Scotiabank Dance Centre facility.
The Dance Centre office:
- Located on Level 6, open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Artist and Member Services: information on the benefits of membership for professional dance artists, programming enquiries, consultations and other assistance.
- Video library: extensive DVD library focuses on BC dance. Viewings may be arranged on request: call 604.606.6416 to make an appointment.
- Located on Level 2 (main lobby), open 9am-10pm most days.
- Studio rentals.
- General public enquiries about performances, programs and events.
- Dance Centre memberships and renewals.
T: 604.606.6400 www.thedancecentre.ca
Anderson Performance Clinic
Stuart Anderson is a physiotherapist and mental performance coach who works with performers of all skill levels and backgrounds, as well as the general public. He and his team offer a wide variety of health and conditioning programs including:
- Performance psychology
- IMS/neuro-functional acupuncture
- Massage therapy (RMT)
- Located on Level 5: book online or call 604.828.2606.
Vancouver Ballet Society
Offers dance students Master Classes with prominent artists and companies, the annual week-long Spring Seminar, and scholarship funds.
- Library with extensive archive collection with pieces dating back to 1912.
- Publisher of Dance International magazine.
- Located on Level 6: office hours are usually Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 10-2pm. T: 604.681.1525