Studio Rental Discounts and Subsidies
Scotiabank Dance Centre was designed to provide a superior space for the dance community. The building is not subsidized and must generate revenue from studio rentals in order to cover its costs, and to continue to operate and to meet the varied expectations of dance artists. Dance professionals are supported in their use of the building through a system of discounts and subsidies. Our beautiful studios are used for rehearsals, classes, events and more, by artists working in all dance styles and genres.
DANCE CENTRE MEMBER DISCOUNTS
- All Dance Centre members (Full Artist and Company categories) automatically receive a 15% discount on regular rental rates a Scotiabank Dance Centre.
- Day-of rush bookings can be made at a flat hourly rate, subject to availability. Applies to creation and rehearsal only, in all studios except the Faris Family Studio.
APPLY FOR ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS AND SUBSIDIES
LEVEL 1: DANCE DISCOUNT
Are you a Dance Centre member (Full Artist or Company category) and your core activity is dance?
- You can apply for an additional 15% discount (a total of 30% off regular rates).
- The definition of ‘dance’ is guided by the Canada Council for Arts’ list of genres eligible for funding from its dance section (see canadacouncil.ca).
LEVEL 2: CREATION SUBSIDY
Are you eligible for Level 1/Dance Discount and your core activities are creation and rehearsal?
- You can apply for a creation subsidy of an additional 15% (a total of 45% off regular rates).
- You should be a professional dance artists or no-profit dance company, as defined by the Canada Council for the Arts (see canadacouncil.ca).
LEVEL 3: SUPPORT FOR SMALL DANCE COMPANIES/INDEPENDENT ARTISTS
Are you eligible for Level 2/Creation Subsidy and do you have an annual operating budget or income below $50,000?
- You can apply for special support geared towards small companies and independent artists.
- If you qualify for this extra support, you will receive email updates of studio space availability in the coming calendar month, which can be booked during a specified timeframe, at a reduced rate.
- Applies to creation and rehearsal activities only.
- Space availability each month is not guaranteed
HOW TO APPLY
- You can apply for discounts and subsidies levels 1-3 at any time during your Dance Centre membership. Just fill out the form in the membership brochure or download the form and return it to Member Services.
- Your rental rate will be determined by your core activities and will apply across all subsequent bookings while you membership is valid.
- Discounts and subsidies cannot be applied retroactively.
- When you renew your Dance Centre membership, you will need to reapply for studio rental discounts and subsidies.
QUESTIONS? Contact Member Services: 604.606.6416 | email@example.com