The Choreographer's Circle
The best way to experience all that The Dance Centre has to offer is to become a member of our Choreographer’s Circle, joining other dedicated and passionate individuals who share your love of dance. With membership you will enjoy priority ticket handling, invitations to private receptions, access to dress rehearsals, the opportunity to visit with resident dance artists, and so much more!
You are invited to become a vibrant member of the Choreographer’s Circle with the deep gratitude of The Dance Centre for your financial commitment, your participation, your enthusiasm and your valued advice. To learn more about membership with the Choreographer’s Circle, please contact development[at]thedancecentre[dot]ca or phone 604-606-6407.
Download our Choreographer’s Circle brochure.
Mission Statement for the Choreographer’s Circle
The mission of the Choreographer's Circle is to foster and shepherd dedicated philanthropy for The Dance Centre, to support dance artists and choreographers and the development of the art form in British Columbia through programs and services provided by The Dance Centre, and to inspire enthusiasm and camaraderie among arts lovers ensuring a future for dance in its evolving styles and forms.
Choreographer’s Circle and its Impact of Membership and Investment
Choreographer’s Circle members are donors who graciously give unrestricted $1000 and more annually to The Dance Centre and commit to at least three years of giving. Because revenue from ticket sales account for less than 10% of operating costs, The Dance Centre relies on donor generosity to help us define excellence in dance. Gifts are investments in the future of dance, ensuring that gifted choreographers get to work with talented dancers in a world class facility built just for dance.
Members of the Choreographer’s Circle:
- Support The Dance Centre’s programs. Programs are designed for dance artists and dance lovers of all ages. The Scotiabank Dance Centre boasts 60,000+ visits per year.
- Help foster professional growth and the artistic vision of choreographers.
- Support The Dance Centre’s world-class performances featuring artists from BC and around the world through Discover Dance noon series, Dance In Vancouver, and Global Dance Connections.
You are Invited
The Dance Centre is grateful to every one of its supporters. To show our appreciation to members of our Choreographer’s Circle, we provide recognition and benefits to our in a variety of ways:
- Personalized ticketing assistance through our development office, including the right to reserved Choreographer’s Circle seating at Dance Centre productions when requested;
- Convenient electronic reminders of upcoming performances, workshops and events;
- Voting privileges as a member of The Dance Centre at our annual general meeting;
- A copy of the BC Dance Directory upon joining, a copy of our season brochure in September and a copy of our annual report in January;
- An annual report on your investment; and
- Our heartfelt gratitude along with a tax receipt
- Invitations to members only events designed especially for Choreographer’s Circle members;
- Your name(s) will be listed as a member of the Choreographer’s Circle in Dance Centre performance programs, on the annual donor wall in the Carter Family Hall and in our annual report. (Anonymity shall be respected where requested).
Dance Artist At the $1,000+ level:
Invitations to all exclusive members only events designed especially for Choreographer’s Circle members; and
An invitation to an open rehearsal by a dancer or choreographer with a reception.
Principal Dancer At the $2,500+ level:
Complimentary use of The Dance Centre board room (with advance notice and subject to availability); and
One pair of complimentary tickets to a Dance Centre performance of your choice.
Artistic Director At the $5,000+ level:
Complimentary use of the Marcuse Studio and rooftop terrace for your very own private event. (Please note this does not include catering or special rentals and technical costs although it does include special events staffing and professional guidance where requested); and
One pair of complimentary tickets to Summer Dances, The Dance Centre’s annual signature special event.
Choreographer At the $10,000+ level:
Three private social dance lessons with partner taught by a professional dancer in a style of your choice, i.e. salsa, cha cha, swing, jive, waltz, etc.;
An annual invitation to have lunch with a residence artist and our Executive Director; and
Your name engraved in our Choreographer’s Hall of Honour.
Impresario At the $25,000+ level:
The opportunity to adopt an artist in residence with your name on the residency or a program;
A signed portrait of the artist in residence under your name; and
Complimentary admission to all Dance Centre performances and productions.