Performance | Global Dance Connections series
We Love Arabs
We Love Arabs dives headlong into the toughest of questions – how can we co-exist within conflict? Somewhere in Tel Aviv, a Jewish choreographer enlists an Arab dancer to help create a work that will overcome fears and carry a message of peace. But as the work progresses, power struggles ensue; bodies resist control. Skewering choreographic fads as well as unconscious bias and misplaced good intentions, the piece unfolds as a corrosively funny takedown of politics, ethnic stereotypes, and contemporary dance itself. Hillel Kogan is one of Israel’s most successful independent choreographers, blending biting political and social commentary with a highly physical movement language, and this award-winning work has been a hit on stages all over the world.
About the series:
The Global Dance Connections 2020-2021 series features exciting mixed programs from Mary-Louise Albert, Joshua Beamish/MOVETHECOMPANY, and Alexa Mardon, Francesca Frewer and Erika Mitsuhashi; plus Israeli choreographer Hillel Kogan.
Tickets will go on sale approximately one month prior to each show.
Sign up to our e-news to receive updates.
Due to COVID-19, live performances will be physically-distanced with very limited capacity. Please note the following:
- All tickets must be purchased in advance online. Tickets will not be sold at the door, over the phone or at the front desk.
- Tickets are available only as singles or pairs. Pairs are for people who are in the same ‘bubble’.
- Masks must be worn in the lobby and in the theatre throughout the show, by patrons, staff and volunteers.
- We cannot admit latecomers after the show has started.
- If you need a wheelchair spot reserved please purchase your ticket first and then email email@example.com.
- If you feel unwell, or should be in quarantine or isolation for any reason, please stay home.
Global Dance Connections shows will also be filmed for streaming for a limited time, at a later date.
Cast + Production Credits
Choreography and Text – Hillel Kogan
Dancers – Adi Boutrous and Hillel Kogan
Lighting – Amir Castro
Music – Kazem Alsaher, WA Mozart
Artistic Advisors – Inbal Yaacobi and Rotem Tashach
Photos by Maria Grazia Lenzini
Supported by the Israeli Ministry of Culture and the Israeli Lottery Arts Council.
This performance is subject to international travel guidelines from public health authorities.