Performance | Global Dance Connections series
Joshua Beamish/ MOVETHECOMPANY
Joshua Beamish is a British Columbian dance artist who has achieved worldwide success as a prolific choreographer and an exceptional performer: this thrilling program is a chance to see both aspects of his work. Beamish performs three exciting and varied new solos, created by internationally-acclaimed Belgian-Columbian choreographer Annabelle Lopez Ochoa; Ballet BC’s Kirsten Wicklund; and Beamish himself, with inspirations ranging from the Odyssey to fallen angels. The evening also includes a new duet by Lopez Ochoa, danced by Beamish and Kidd Pivot’s Renee Sigouin, drawing on the dramatic universe of Canadian Indigenous visual artist Shawn Hunt, whose paintings and masks combine elements of humans and animals with a haunting and powerful beauty.
Presented through the Artist-in-Residence program
Director/Choreographer/Performer – Joshua Beamish
Choreographer – Annabelle Lopez Ochoa
Choreographer – Kirsten Wicklund
Performer – Renée Sigouin
Visual Collaborator – Shawn Hunt
Photos by Gotham Fotographia
About the series:
The Global Dance Connections 2020-2021 series features exciting mixed programs from Mary-Louise Albert, Joshua Beamish/MOVETHECOMPANY, and Alexa Mardon, Francesca Frewer and Erika Mitsuhashi; plus Israeli choreographer Hillel Kogan.
Tickets will go on sale approximately one month prior to each show.
Sign up to our e-news to receive updates.
Due to COVID-19, live performances will be physically-distanced with very limited capacity. Please note the following:
- All tickets must be purchased in advance online. Tickets will not be sold at the door, over the phone or at the front desk.
- Tickets are available only as singles or pairs. Pairs are for people who are in the same ‘bubble’.
- Masks must be worn in the lobby and in the theatre throughout the show, by patrons, staff and volunteers.
- We cannot admit latecomers after the show has started.
- If you need a wheelchair spot reserved please purchase your ticket first and then email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you feel unwell, or should be in quarantine or isolation for any reason, please stay home.
Global Dance Connections shows will also be filmed for streaming for a limited time, at a later date.