DEADLINE: January 15, 2022
Together with the Executive Director and The Dance Centre’s Board of Directors, specifically its Fundraising Committee and the Chairs of our Giving Clubs, the Development Director will oversee and manage the organization’s fund development initiatives, pursuing a range of strategies to generate support that effectively advances our mission. This includes our individual donor giving clubs (Choreographer’s Circle and others) and corporate giving club (The Corporate Leader’s Circle); foundation applications and annual special events.
This is a full-time position (37 hrs/week; flexible schedule between Monday – Friday with some evening and weekend as required). Staff are currently set to work partially from home, with a downtown office available daily.
The essential functions and responsibilities of this position are to:
• Secure minimum of 30% of revenues for The Dance Centre’s overall budget from individual giving clubs, corporate support, private and other funding opportunities.
• Maintain and help deepen relationships with our supporters and donors through stewardship and fundraising communications, campaigns, and events.
• Grow The Dance Centre’s base of supporters through relationship and donor prospecting.
• Produce monthly financial reconciliation reports on fundraising campaigns and other updates, annual reports to donors and sponsors. Track existing and prospective support through our donor database.
• Serve in a leadership position with The Dance Centre; participate, contribute to organization-wide meetings, events and initiatives.
Direct and oversee the work of the Development Coordinator (part-time position).
A high degree of collaboration with other departments, specifically Marketing and Programming, including weekly meetings with the Leadership Team and bi-weekly meetings with operations for finance-related tasks, is a must.
• High degree of written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
• Experience with CRM platforms (Blackbaud, Raisers Edge); Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
• At least 3+ years of team management and supervisory experience is key; 3-5 years of demonstrated fundraising results and experience.
• Understanding of Canadian Revenue Agency guidelines for charities including donations and sponsorships.
• Experience with financial reporting and data management.
• Direct experience managing corporate sponsorship, foundation grants, planned giving is an asset.
• Project management is an asset as is Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) certification and membership in the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply with your resume and a signed cover letter to the attention of:
Mirna Zagar, Executive Director
The Dance Centre
Scotiabank Dance Centre | Level 6, 677 Davie Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 2G6
No phone calls please.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$58,000 per year, PLUS: • $500 professional development fund • $150 networking fund • Up to $400 Annual AFT Membership and local chapter dues • Following 90-day probation, you can enrol in our extended health, drug & dental plan • 3 weeks paid vacation • Additional paid days off during office-wide closures (typically end of year Dec 22-January 4)