Scotiabank Dance Centre and The Dance Centre office are open: details below.
We have been diligently following public health guidance throughout the pandemic. THANK YOU to everyone who has worked with us to keep our building as safe as possible. Although masks are no longer mandated by public health, we ask visitors to continue to wear masks in all common areas, and we strongly recommend the continued wearing of masks in the studios and theatre. Understandably, some people will not yet feel comfortable removing their masks. We ask that everyone be respectful and considerate to those individuals.
Together, as a society, community and sector, we have come a long way in fighting the virus; let’s continue to be mindful on all fronts, maintain our diligence and optimism, and keep Scotiabank Dance Centre a safe place for all to enjoy. Thank you for your patience and your ongoing support.
- Small (Zagar/Marcuse) maximum 15/20 people respectively
- Medium (Jarislowsky & Jandali) maximum 25 people
- Large (Kraul/Strate & Birmingham) maximum 30 people
Renters please note:
- Rush walk-in rate (Dance Centre members only): must be booked before 2pm the day prior to use (not same-day), minimum one hour booking required
Please do not come to Scotiabank Dance Centre if:
- In the past 14 days, you have had any symptom of COVID-19, including but not limited to: fever or chills, cough, loss of sense of smell or taste, difficulty breathing, sore throat, loss of appetite, extreme fatigue or tiredness, headache, body aches, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
- You or anyone you live with has tested positive for COVID-19, and you have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation.
- In the past 14 days, you have had close contact with a person who had any symptoms of, or tested positive for, COVID-19, and you have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation.
- You are currently subject to a quarantine or self-isolation order.
- Masks are mandatory in the building common areas including the lobby, hallways and changerooms, and strongly recommended in the studios and theatre.
- For the comfort of our patrons, Dance Centre-presented performances will remain at 75% to the end of the season. Please note that renters may decide to proceed at 100% audience capacity.
- We have invested in upgraded air filtration with HEPA filters and UV lights.
- Hand sanitizer – Please use the dispensers placed throughout the building.
- Physical distancing – Common Areas: Decals are situated throughout the building to guide in keeping a 2 metre physical distance. Studios: We recommend that a 2.5 metre distance be kept between participants not in the same bubble, minimize or preferably avoid touching, and no more than 2 dancers per barre, one on either end. Please be mindful of others and give them space.
- Elevator – Maximum 4 people in the elevator; elevator will be up only, please use the stairs to descend (exceptions apply for anyone unable to use stairs, or when loading/unloading large items).
- Changerooms – Maximum 6 people at any one time. Please continue to come prepared for class/rehearsal if possible and exit promptly afterwards.
- Lounge – Maximum 8 people at any one time.
- Buffer times – Between each booking to allow studio to air.
- Cleaning – Renters have access to studio cleaning supplies.
- Barriers – To protect staff and visitors, a plexiglass barrier is installed at the front desk.