Scotiabank Dance Centre and The Dance Centre office are open: details below.
As we enter 2022 with new and continued COVID challenges, we want to thank you for your support and reassure you that we continue to follow public health directives closely, and to practice safety first. We are assessing performances and events on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the safety of artists, patrons and staff, and continuing, postponing or cancelling accordingly. Events that do take place are adhering to strict health protocols, so we can continue to enjoy dance despite these challenging times. Thank you for your patience and your ongoing support.
- Everyone entering Scotiabank Dance Centre must show their vaccine card and ID, as mandated by public health. (More info)
- Adult recreational dance classes may resume from January 20, 2022 with reduced studio capacities.
- Masks are mandatory throughout the building, in the studios and in the theatre.
- Performances are at a maximum 50% audience capacity.
- Small (Zagar/Marcuse) maximum 8/10 people respectively
- Medium (Jarislowsky & Jandali) maximum 18 people
- Large (Kraul/Strate & Birmingham) maximum 24 people
Renters please note:
- The deadline for weekend studio bookings is Thursday at 12 noon
- Rush walk-in rate (Dance Centre members only): must be booked before 2pm the day prior to use (not same-day), minimum one hour booking required
Please do not come to Scotiabank Dance Centre if:
- In the past 14 days, you have had any symptom of COVID-19, including but not limited to: fever or chills, cough, loss of sense of smell or taste, difficulty breathing, sore throat, loss of appetite, extreme fatigue or tiredness, headache, body aches, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
- You or anyone you live with has tested positive for COVID-19, and you have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation.
- In the past 14 days, you have had close contact with a person who had any symptoms of, or tested positive for, COVID-19, and you have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation.
- You are currently subject to a quarantine or self-isolation order.
- Masks are mandatory on entering and throughout the building, including in the studios and during performances in the theatre.
- All visitors must show proof of ID and full vaccination status.
- Audiences in our theatre are limited to a maximum 50% of capacity, as per public health orders.
- We have invested in upgraded air filtration with HEPA filters and UV lights.
- Contact tracing – We will ask everyone for a phone number as they sign in.
- Hand sanitizer – Please use the dispensers placed throughout the building.
- Physical distancing – Common Areas: Decals are situated throughout the building to guide in keeping a 2 metre physical distance. Studios: We recommend that a 2.5 metre distance be kept between participants not in the same bubble, minimize or preferably avoid touching, and no more than 2 dancers per barre, one on either end. Please be mindful of others and give them space.
- Pre-registration for classes is mandatory: no drop-ins.
- Elevator – Maximum 4 people in the elevator; elevator will be up only, please use the stairs to descend (exceptions apply for anyone unable to use stairs, or when loading/unloading large items).
- Changerooms – Maximum 6 people at any one time. Please continue to come prepared for class/rehearsal if possible and exit promptly afterwards.
- Lounge – Maximum 8 people at any one time.
- Buffer times – Between each booking to allow studio to air.
- Cleaning – Renters have access to studio cleaning supplies.
- Barriers – To protect staff and visitors, a plexiglass barrier is installed at the front desk.
Thank you for your patience and support in these unprecedented times, as we work to find a way to navigate our new reality. Please stay in touch: follow us on social media for further information and updates.
The Dance Centre