Scotiabank Dance Centre and The Dance Centre office are open: details below.
Artists, check out our COVID-19 resources page.
In line with current public health orders and guidance from Vancouver Coastal Health, we are open for limited activities, with restricted studio capacities, reduced opening hours, and comprehensive COVID-19 protocols.
Opening hours from January 11, 2021:
- Monday-Friday 9am-9pm
- Saturday – dependent on actual bookings but 9am-6pm latest
- Sunday – dependent on actual bookings but 9am-7pm latest
- Small (Zagar & Marcuse) maximum 6 people
- Medium (Birmingham & Jandali) maximum 12 people
- Large (Kraul/Strate & Birmingham) maximum 15 people
Renters please note:
- The deadline for weekend studio bookings is Friday at 12 noon
- Rush walk-in rate (Dance Centre members only): must be booked the day prior to use (not same-day), minimum two hour booking required
In accordance with current provincial health orders the following activities are permitted:
- Professional dance company rehearsals
- Youth classes (ages 21 and under)
- Low intensity adult classes (please read the Ministry of Health’s guidelines on low intensity exercise here)
- Masks – Every person entering the building must wear a mask in all the common areas and in the studios. If you do not have your own mask, disposable masks will be provided at the front desk at a cost of $2 incl GST.
- Physical distancing – Decals are situated throughout the building to guide in the 2 metre physical distancing measures as directed by the Provincial Health Authority. Access to the building will not be permitted until there is sufficient space in the lobby. Floor markings in every studio are provided as a guide for 2.5 metre physical distancing measures when exercising, as specified under Public Health Guidelines for Group Low Intensity Exercise. Portable barres must be kept to one barre per participant and spaced to adhere to 2.5 metre distancing requirements.
- Buffer times – Between each studio booking.
- Hand sanitizer – More sanitizer dispensers have been placed throughout the building.
- Cleaning – We are increasing cleaning of all touch-points in the building, and studios will be cleaned after each use.
- Shoe bags – Please bring a bag to hold your shoes and place on the mat located at each studio entrance.
- No bare feet – In the studios or anywhere in the building
- Contact tracing – We will ask everyone for a phone number as they sign in. Please bring your own pen to sign in.
- Contactless payments only for bookings (no cash)
- Barriers – To protect staff and visitors, a plexiglass barrier is installed at the front desk.
- Elevator – Maximum 2 people in the elevator; elevator will be up only, please use the stairs to descend.
- Changerooms – Maximum 3 people at any one time. Lockers and showers are not available.
- Lounge – The 5th floor lounge is closed, and the fridge, microwave and kitchen equipment are not available. The water filter can be used.
Scotiabank Dance Centre COVID-19 Protocols – Full Document
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR RENTERS
We MUST be mindful of everyone in the building to ensure their – and your own – health and safety. Please abide by these rules so we can continue to keep our building open.
- Masks MUST always be worn in the building and in the studios.
- Keep a minimum distance of 2.5 metres from each other at all times in the studio. White “x”s have been marked out on the floor 3 metres apart as a helpful reference. No touching! (Unless you are in the same ‘bubble’.)
- Do not linger in hallways and lobby.
- Pre-registration for classes mandatory: no drop-ins.
- Place shoes in a shoe bag and leave on the mat outside each studio (no street shoes in studio).
- Change rooms are closed: arrive ready for class/rehearsal.
Class Protocols for Renters – Full Document
Thank you for your patience and support in these unprecedented and very difficult times, as we work to find a way to navigate our new reality. Please stay in touch: follow us on social media for further information and updates. We will get through this and come together once again to celebrate the art form we love!
The Dance Centre