Scotiabank Dance Centre and The Dance Centre office are open: details below.
Artists, check out our COVID-19 resources page.
BC is now in Step 3 of the provincial government’s Restart Plan. While restrictions and capacity limits for dance studios have been removed, we are continuing to take careful steps towards reopening with the goal of a full return to normal on September 7. Our policies are being revised as the Restart Plan progresses: please check back for updates.
- Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (special hours may be arranged on request)
- Saturdays and Sundays 10am-4pm
- Small (Zagar & Marcuse) maximum 8 people
- Medium (Birmingham & Jandali) maximum 15 people
- Large (Kraul/Strate & Birmingham) maximum 18 people
Subject to the BC Restart plan, we hope to return to full studio capacities after September 7.
Renters please note:
- The deadline for weekend studio bookings is Thursday at 12 noon
- Rush walk-in rate (Dance Centre members only): must be booked before 2pm the day prior to use (not same-day), minimum two hour booking required
Please do not come to Scotiabank Dance Centre if:
- In the past 14 days, you have had any symptom of COVID-19, including but not limited to: fever or chills, cough, loss of sense of smell or taste, difficulty breathing, sore throat, loss of appetite, extreme fatigue or tiredness, headache, body aches, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
- You or anyone you live with has tested positive for COVID-19, and you have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation.
- In the past 14 days, you have had close contact with a person who had any symptoms of, or tested positive for, COVID-19, and you have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation.
- You are currently subject to a quarantine or self-isolation order.
- Masks are strongly recommended in the building and studios for anyone not fully vaccinated and/or in situations where physical distancing is difficult. We ask everyone to be patient and to appreciate that individual levels of comfort will vary.
- Contact tracing – We will ask everyone for a phone number as they sign in.
- Hand sanitizer – Please use the dispensers placed throughout the building.
- Physical distancing – Common Areas: Decals are situated throughout the building to guide in keeping a 2 metre physical distance. Studios: We recommend that a 2.5 metre distance be kept between participants not in the same bubble, minimize or preferably avoid touching, and no more than 2 dancers per barre, one on either end. Please be mindful of others and give them space, as we all adjust after a long period of distancing.
- Pre-registration for classes is mandatory: no drop-ins.
- Elevator – Maximum 4 people in the elevator; elevator will be up only, please use the stairs to descend (exceptions apply for anyone unable to use stairs, or when loading/unloading large items).
- Changerooms – Maximum 6 people at any one time. Please continue to come prepared for class/rehearsal if possible and exit promptly afterwards.
- Lounge – Maximum 8 people at any one time.
- Buffer times – Between each booking to allow studio to air.
- Cleaning – Renters have access to studio cleaning supplies.
- Barriers – To protect staff and visitors, a plexiglass barrier is installed at the front desk.
Thank you for your patience and support in these unprecedented times, as we work to find a way to navigate our new reality. Please stay in touch: follow us on social media for further information and updates.
The Dance Centre