Scotiabank Dance Centre and The Dance Centre office are open: details below.
Artists, check out our COVID-19 resources page.
In line with the latest public health orders and guidance from Vancouver Coastal Health, we are currently open in a limited capacity for professional activities, with restricted studio capacities, reduced opening hours, and comprehensive COVID-19 protocols.
Opening hours (NEW)
- Monday-Friday 9am-7pm
- Weekend hours vary: please call for details
Renters please note:
- The deadline for weekend studio bookings is Friday at 12 noon
- Rush walk-in rate (Dance Centre members only): must be booked the day prior to use (not same-day), minimum two hour booking required
- Masks – Every person entering the building must wear a mask in all the common areas and in the studios. If you do not have your own mask, disposable masks will be provided at the front desk at a cost of $2 incl GST.
- Physical distancing – Decals are situated throughout the building to guide in the 2 metre physical distancing measures as directed by the Provincial Health Authority. Access to the building will not be permitted until there is sufficient space in the lobby.
- Buffer times – Between each studio booking.
- Hand sanitizer – More sanitizer dispensers have been placed throughout the building.
- Cleaning – We are increasing cleaning of all touch-points in the building, and studios will be cleaned after each use.
- Shoe bags – Please bring a bag to hold your shoes and place on the mat located at each studio entrance.
- No bare feet – In the studios or anywhere in the building
- Contact tracing – We will ask everyone for a phone number as they sign in. Please bring your own pen to sign in.
- Contactless payments only for bookings (no cash)
- Barriers – To protect staff and visitors, a plexiglass barrier is installed at the front desk.
- Elevator – Maximum 2 people in the elevator; elevator will be up only, please use the stairs to descend.
- Changerooms – Maximum 3 people at any one time. Lockers and showers are not available.
- Lounge – The 5th floor lounge is closed, and the fridge, microwave and kitchen equipment are not available. The water filter can be used.
Scotiabank Dance Centre COVID-19 protocols
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR RENTERS
We MUST be mindful of everyone in the building to ensure their – and your own – health and safety. Please abide by these rules so we can continue to keep our building open.
- Masks MUST always be worn in the building and in the studios.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet from each other, INCLUDING in the studio – no touching! (Unless you are in the same ‘bubble’.)
- Do not linger in hallways and lobby.
- Pre-registration for classes mandatory: no drop-ins.
- Place shoes in a shoe bag and leave on the mat outside each studio (no street shoes in studio).
- Change rooms are closed: arrive ready for class/rehearsal.
Class Protocols for Renters – Full Document
Thank you for your patience and support in these unprecedented and very difficult times, as we work to find a way to navigate our new reality. Please stay in touch: follow us on social media for further information and updates. We will get through this and come together once again to celebrate the art form we love!
The Dance Centre