Scotiabank Dance Centre and The Dance Centre office are now open: details below.
Artists, check out our COVID-19 resources page.
We have re-opened Scotiabank Dance Centre in a reduced capacity, following the guidelines of our local Health Authority.
- Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm
- Saturday and Sunday 9am-4pm (weekend hours may vary depending on the volume of studio bookings)
NEW Maximum studio capacities have been increased to:
- Small Zagar 4 people & Marcuse 6 people
- Medium Jandali & Jarislowsky 9 people
- Large Birmingham & Kraul/Strate 12 people
Renters please note:
- The deadline for weekend studio bookings is Friday at 12 noon
- Day-of walk-in rate (Dance Centre members only): minimum two hour booking required
For the safety of all, we are implementing the following protocols:
- Masks – Every person entering the building must wear a mask in all the common areas (ie everywhere except in the studios). If you do not have your own mask, disposable masks will be provided at the front desk at a cost of $2 incl GST.
- Physical Distancing – Decals are situated throughout the building to guide in the 2 metre physical distancing measures as directed by the Provincial Health Authority. Access to the building will not be permitted until there is sufficient space in the lobby.
- Buffer times – between each studio booking.
- Hand Sanitizers – More sanitizer dispensers have been placed throughout the building.
- Cleaning – We are increasing cleaning of all touch-points in the building, and studios will be cleaned after each use.
- Shoe Bags – Please bring a bag to hold your shoes and place on the mat located at each studio entrance.
- No bare feet – in the studios or anywhere in the building
- Contact Tracing – We will ask everyone for a phone number as they sign in. Please bring your own pen to sign in.
- Contactless payments only for bookings (no cash)
- Barriers – To protect staff and visitors, a plexiglass barrier is installed at the front desk.
- Elevator – maximum 2 people in the elevator; elevator will be up only, please use the stairs to descend.
- Changerooms – maximum 3 people at any one time. Lockers and showers are not available.
- Lounge – The 5th floor lounge is closed, and the fridge, microwave and kitchen equipment are not available. The water filter can be used.
Scotiabank Dance Centre Protocols and Policies
Class Protocols for Renters
We are involved in discussions with staff, artists, and partners locally, regionally, nationwide and internationally to reimagine how dance can thrive. You can be assured that we take this situation very seriously, and we’re striving to make choices that ensure the safety of artists, participants, patrons, and the wider community.
Thank you for your patience and support in these unprecedented and very difficult times, as we work to find a way to navigate our new reality.
Please stay in touch: follow us on social media for further information and updates. We will get through this and come together once again to celebrate the art form we love!
Executive Director, The Dance Centre