Scotiabank Dance Centre and The Dance Centre office are open: details below.
BC is now in Step 3 of the provincial government’s Restart Plan. While restrictions and capacity limits for dance studios have been removed, we are continuing to take careful steps towards reopening with the goal of a full return to normal during Step 4 of the Restart Plan. Our policies are being revised as the Restart Plan progresses: please check back for updates.
Everyone entering Scotiabank Dance Centre must show their vaccine card and ID, as mandated by public health. Full vaccination is required after October 24. (More info)
- Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (special hours may be arranged on request)
- Saturdays and Sundays 10am-4pm
- Small (Zagar & Marcuse) maximum 8 people
- Medium (Jarislowsky & Jandali) maximum 15 people
- Large (Kraul/Strate & Birmingham) maximum 18 people
Subject to the BC Restart plan, we hope to return to full studio capacities after Step 4.
Renters please note:
- The deadline for weekend studio bookings is Thursday at 12 noon
- Rush walk-in rate (Dance Centre members only): must be booked before 2pm the day prior to use (not same-day), minimum one hour booking required
Please do not come to Scotiabank Dance Centre if:
- In the past 14 days, you have had any symptom of COVID-19, including but not limited to: fever or chills, cough, loss of sense of smell or taste, difficulty breathing, sore throat, loss of appetite, extreme fatigue or tiredness, headache, body aches, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
- You or anyone you live with has tested positive for COVID-19, and you have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation.
- In the past 14 days, you have had close contact with a person who had any symptoms of, or tested positive for, COVID-19, and you have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation.
- You are currently subject to a quarantine or self-isolation order.
- Masks are mandatory on entering and in all the common areas of the building, and during performances in the theatre, under current public health orders. Masks are not mandated in the studios but we strongly recommend participants wear them during class/rehearsal, especially if they are only partially vaccinated.
- Contact tracing – We will ask everyone for a phone number as they sign in.
- Hand sanitizer – Please use the dispensers placed throughout the building.
- Physical distancing – Common Areas: Decals are situated throughout the building to guide in keeping a 2 metre physical distance. Studios: We recommend that a 2.5 metre distance be kept between participants not in the same bubble, minimize or preferably avoid touching, and no more than 2 dancers per barre, one on either end. Please be mindful of others and give them space, as we all adjust after a long period of distancing.
- Pre-registration for classes is mandatory: no drop-ins.
- Elevator – Maximum 4 people in the elevator; elevator will be up only, please use the stairs to descend (exceptions apply for anyone unable to use stairs, or when loading/unloading large items).
- Changerooms – Maximum 6 people at any one time. Please continue to come prepared for class/rehearsal if possible and exit promptly afterwards.
- Lounge – Maximum 8 people at any one time.
- Buffer times – Between each booking to allow studio to air.
- Cleaning – Renters have access to studio cleaning supplies.
- Barriers – To protect staff and visitors, a plexiglass barrier is installed at the front desk.
Thank you for your patience and support in these unprecedented times, as we work to find a way to navigate our new reality. Please stay in touch: follow us on social media for further information and updates.
The Dance Centre