Online Event, Performance | Global Dance Connections series
Mary-Louise Albert (Digital Stream)
Solo Dances/Past into Present
Two generations of Canadian contemporary dance artists come together in a program of vibrant solo works helmed by Mary-Louise Albert. Having retired from a performing career twenty years ago, Albert has revived three solos she commissioned from leading Canadian choreographers, for a new generation of outstanding female performers. Joyful, yearning, vivacious, and dramatic, these eclectic, beautifully crafted solos encompass a world of emotions. Albert herself returns to the stage at the age of 65 for the premiere of phase one of a new solo work commissioned from Serge Bennathan; and to mark emerging choreographic voices, Ellis and Margolick will also share two of their own short solos.
Ticketbuyers will receive a link via email, and may watch at any time between December 3-17.
Performer: Mary-Louise Albert | Choreography: Serge Bennathan
Woman Walking (away)
Performer: Livona Ellis | Choreography: Peter Bingham
Performer: Vanessa Goodman | Choreography: Tedd Robinson
Performer: Rebecca Margolick | Choreography: Allen Kaeja
Choreographer and Performer: Livona Ellis
Choreographer and Performer: Rebecca Margolick
Interview with Mary-Louise Albert
Presented as part of The Dance Centre’s Global Dance Connections series.
Photo by Maxx Berkowitz
About the series:
The Global Dance Connections 2020-2021 series features exciting mixed programs from Mary-Louise Albert, Joshua Beamish/MOVETHECOMPANY, and Alexa Mardon, Francesca Frewer and Erika Mitsuhashi; plus Israeli choreographer Hillel Kogan.
Tickets will go on sale approximately one month prior to each show.
Sign up to our e-news to receive updates.
Due to COVID-19, live performances will be physically-distanced with very limited capacity. Please note the following:
- All tickets must be purchased in advance online. Tickets will not be sold at the door, over the phone or at the front desk.
- Tickets are available only as singles or pairs. Pairs are for people who are in the same ‘bubble’.
- Masks must be worn in the lobby and in the theatre throughout the show, by patrons, staff and volunteers.
- We cannot admit latecomers after the show has started.
- If you need a wheelchair spot reserved please purchase your ticket first and then email email@example.com.
- If you feel unwell, or should be in quarantine or isolation for any reason, please stay home.
Global Dance Connections shows will also be filmed for streaming for a limited time, at a later date.